Looking for Work
Temp Job Myths
There are many misconceptions about temporary jobs. They pay less, the hours are worse, the conditions are worse, etc. But that’s just not true. Maintaining a flexible workforce is the key to running a successful business for some companies and becoming more common across a variety of industries today. You might find that temporary job has some advantages and can even open up new and better opportunities in the long run.
Common benefits of taking a temp job
New approach if your job search has stalled
If your job search doesn’t seem to be working as you would like, then temporary assignments can be used to earn a paycheck during your search, and it’s an ideal way to add skill and experience to your resume and to gain experience in the workplace. Excel Partners has many temporary and temp to perm positions in a variety of industries to expose you to more opportunities.
Qualified employees are eligible for benefits
In addition to a paycheck, many temporary agencies provide benefits to their workers. Excel Partners, for example, offers a full benefits package including holiday pay, medical and dental coverage, life insurance, and a 401k plan. Be sure to ask your recruiter for more information about enrolling in benefit programs.
Flexible Work Options
Temporary employment provides the opportunity to work when and where you want to work. Work only during school hours, take the summers off, or take a break to do something else. Temporary employment allows you to fit work within your schedule. And, temp jobs can give you experience in industries and careers you might not have otherwise thought of trying - without a long-term commitment.
Employers need qualified people, even if the assignment is temporary, so the hourly pay for temporary workers are comparable to the companies’ employees.
Temp to Perm
A temporary position may actually be a step through the door at a company you are interested in working for and a way to get hired permanently. 90% of all companies use temporary employees and many of Excel Partners’ employees find permanent employment through their temporary assignments.
Temp Job Myths
If you choose temporary work, you will be in good company. Two million people every day are employed by staffing companies. Temporary jobs offer many opportunities and can lead to fulfilling employment in desirable companies.
Click below to learn why many common myths about temp jobs just aren’t true.
- Myth: Temp jobs pay less than permanent jobs.
- False: Pay rates for temporary jobs are comparable to their company employee peers.
- Myth: Temp job hours are worse than permanent jobs.
- False: There are jobs available 24 hours a day, both temporary and permanent. With hundreds of job available at any time, Excel Partners can match each candidate with the right opportunity. In addition, less desirable shifts are typically rewarded with premium pay rates.
- Myth: I won’t get benefits like insurance or holiday pay when I work with a temp agency.
- False: Qualified employees are eligible for benefits including health, dental and vision insurance; holiday pay and more. Be sure to ask your recruiter for more information about enrolling in our benefit programs.