Director of Accounting
Large international family office, which continues to grow both domestically and abroad, seeks to hire a Director of Accounting who will be responsible for complex projects across the Accounting, Finance, and Tax verticals. Reporting to the CFO, this position will provide key deliverables to both the CFO and other members of management.
The successful candidate will design, direct, and oversee special projects related to the accounting function within the organization. Specific projects will evolve, but the focus will be on consistently improving existing procedures and workflows. This is a leadership role within the Accounting/Finance team to take on several reports over time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in the tax compliance initiative by providing insight into the redesign of tax preparation packages passed from Accounting to the internal tax team.
• Develop and deliver training on Accounting Policies and related Tax Policies as required to maintain the financial records.
• Participate and provide subject matter expertise in oversight of Finance-related activities in international locations.
• Lead specific initiatives for the Accounting team, collaborating closely with other groups such as Tax, Estate/Trust Planning, Legal and Investments.
• Provide mentorship and career development guidance.
Requirements:• Bachelor`s Degree; CPA/MBA and/or advanced degree preferred; Minimum 10 years of related experience in ever-growing roles
• Prior leadership and management experience in the Finance/Accounting practices
• Subject matter expert in accounting and finance