Norwalk, CT-based client seeks an on-site Payroll and Accounts Receivable Manager – Nonprofit.
1095C filing experience A MUST
Experience managing the full AP Process from start to finish. A MUST
The Payroll AR Manager will manage payroll/time & attendance and accounts receivable functions for the agency while assisting the Director of Financial Services.
- Supervise daily operation of the payroll department, including Time & Attendance (MITC).
- Oversee the maintenance of payroll records, logs, and files in accordance with policy and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Enforces established payroll policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Coordinates fiscal and calendar year-end payroll processing, including supplemental payrolls, W-2 and other tax forms, and other government-required documentation.
- Reconciles general ledger payroll accounts monthly to actual payroll reports.
- Record payroll disbursements on the Finance Department cash flow statement.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate reports.
- Maintain bookkeeping records through trial balance on an accrual basis, including adjustments at month end, all ledgers, journals, and books of prime entry.
- Process and submit payments for 401k, Pension, Pension Loans, and garnishments.
- Calculate quarterly pension contribution by employee.
- Distribute reports to applicable management.
- Prepare pension and TDA compliance data package for annual audits and submit the necessary 5500 forms.
- Prepare and schedule the annual Workers' Compensation Audit.
- Bill daily and send invoices for all services provided.
- This includes billing for private pay, fiduciaries, and all third parties.
- Follow up with staff that all data needed for billing is received in Accounts Receivable by the 15th and the last day of the month.
- Notify the Director of Financial Services of any difficulty receiving the required data.
- Enter data into MIP (Abila – Not-for-Profit Accounting System)
- Proof reports for accuracy.
- Follow through with the necessary actions for collection: phone calls, letters, duplicate invoices, etc.
- Responsible for keeping staff informed of any problem areas that need resolution.
- Enter receipts daily in MIP.
- Check out Daily Deposit slips.
- Code Non-A/R and pull A/R invoices.
- Proof all monthly work for accuracy and reconcile to the General Ledger.
- Proof all receipts with the receptionist.
- Run and distribute aging reports.
- Attend accounts receivable meetings when necessary.
- Manage the general ledger and financial reporting for the Arc of CT.
- Completing forms and questionnaires with relevant income/expense information for staff or outside sources when required.
- Responsible for the general safety of all staff and program participants under their supervision.
- Safeguard the human and civil rights of all program participants under his/her supervision.
- Serve as a role model for program participants.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours: 40 hours weekly