Our client, a national labor and employment law firm in Hartford, CT, seeks a full-time litigation legal secretary/paralegal.
Location: Hartford (hybrid 3 days onsite)
The Legal Secretary/Paralegal works closely with the attorneys` assigned billing specialist and will provide direct support to attorneys by performing various tasks, including:
- Preparing correspondence.
- Managing the conflicts check process for new matters
- Scheduling depositions
- Assisting with preparing pleadings and discovery in federal and state civil matters and arbitration proceedings
- Analyzing, reviewing, and organizing privileged documents and data from materials produced during discovery
- Coordinating client meetings, maintaining case files, and e-filing court documents, both on the state and federal levels
- College degree or at least five solid years of litigation experience (DEFENSE)
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong writing/grammar skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work within deadlines
- Accurate typing of 65+ wpm
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (required), FileSite, and Aderant (preferred).
- Must be able to work in a team environment, as well as adapt to changes in workload and job responsibilities.