About the Position:
Our client is hiring an Assistant Controller for their Accounting Team due to expansion/growth for one of their business segments.
$130-$150K + discretionary bonus (10%) + full benefits
Wallingford, CT – Corporate HQ – Hybrid work schedule 3/2 or 2/3 – very flexible
Travel would be 25-30% to office locations nationally – CT, VA, NC and internationally – Brazil and the Netherlands to different plant site locations.
About the Company:
They are one of the world’s largest high-technology, interconnect, sensor, and antenna solutions providers.
Their products support several markets, including Aerospace, Automotive, Broadband Communications, Industrial, Information Technology and Data Communications, Military, and Mobile Devices/Mobile Networks. They have been in business for almost 100 years, with over 85,000 employees worldwide.
They provide a rewarding, flexible working culture in which the company has very low turnover and strong tenure of its staff, opportunities for professional advancement, and a forward-thinking/entrepreneurial working culture that embraces new ideas to help improve processes/procedures and enhance employee engagement! Leaders and staff are always looking for better ways to improve and remain leaders in their industry.
The Assistant Global Controller would assist the Controller in managing the company’s financial, management, and compliance functions. They are responsible for overseeing the general accounting functions and ensuring compliance measures are in place for the team. The position will identify/implement solutions to mitigate financial risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s financial reporting.
The position manages a team of 6, with 2 direct reports.
- Manage financial close process for the entire business unit.
- Oversee the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams.
- Manage both internal/external audits of business units’ financials as well as US Sarbanes Oxley-404 (SOX) testing and compliance; Owns quarterly review of all SOX controls.
- Maintains monthly corporate reporting package and drives standardization of financial reporting across the organization; includes monthly reporting into corporate and adhering to defined close schedule.
- Ensure compliance with international, local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Bachelor`s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA is strongly preferred, not required.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of related experience in accounting or finance functions.
- Public Accounting experience is a plus, not required.
- Superior analytical and financial modeling capabilities emphasizing cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with ERP processes and data
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills, with a proven ability to manage staff and develop talent.
- Creative mindset and outside-the-box thinking that embraces process improvement.