Medical Biller/Patient Receivable Support Rep
Stamford, CT Medical Office is looking to hire a temporary Patient Receivable Support Rep.
Hours: 9 am-5 pm, can be flexible on hours once trained
Duration: 6 months
Supports the business office by performing various functions. Handles inquiries from patients, third parties, and agencies regarding any aspect of services received or the account's status. Reviews and completes follow-through on remittances for allowances and rejections. Updates the receivable system with any new, corrected, or pertinent information about resolving receivable accounts. Review vendor invoices to ensure correct billing. Maintains the client receivables and various other receivables. Works as a liaison with the physician billing vendor.
It is imperative that all care that is provided to the patient is accurately reflected on the bill and follows regulations pertaining to facility billing and patient care. It is imperative that we actively work in the AR to ensure that we are reimbursed appropriately for the services rendered and to ensure that we don't receive erroneous denials. The staff ensures that the accounts are paid accurately and reviews the aged AR to ensure all revenue is captured and the patients are not erroneously held liable for charges.
1. Ensure prompt, accurate, and compliant billing and payments for specific vendors and specialized services/contracts.
2. Accurate billing and/or follow-up of patient accounts according to established departmental guidelines based upon regulation requirements for specific insurance carriers.
3. Monitors and reconciles daily reports and assigned worklists for appropriate account resolution, including credit, debit, and adjustments.
4. Documentation of all action taken on an account.
6. Completes all projects as assigned.
7. Audits invoices to ensure we are not erroneously charged.
8. Facilitates patients and departments in the health system by providing excellent customer service skills and advocating for the patient in explaining third-party payer coverage, referral, and pre-certification requirements.
9. Maintains relationship with physician billing vendor.
10. Providing timely and accurate patient data/status information to other health system departments, physicians, physician office staff, and other publics while ensuring patient confidentiality is not breached.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested to maintain a high level of service.
12. Demonstrates professional work behavior by following Service Standards and Success factors.
13. Maintains client receivables.
- Two years of college and/or two years prior equivalent experience in a Hospital setting with experience in the revenue cycle.
- Computer literacy in a PC environment requires strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Familiar with hospital billing and coding.