Patient Access Rep
Stamford, CT-based healthcare facility looking to hire a temporary Patient Access Rep.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7 am-3 pm
Duration: 3 months, covering leave of absence (LOA)
Responsible for the timely and accurate compilation of patient socio-demographic and financial/insurance data at the time of service. Facilitates patient access to the health system and serves as an advocate of patients' rights for health care issues and insurance coverage. Assist in data flow between physicians, physician office staff, nursing floors, ancillary departments, emergency departments, patient business services, insurance companies, and patients while ensuring patient confidentiality is not breached. Assists patients with verification and acts as a financial advocate for self-pay patients.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Accurate registration of patients within established departmental guidelines for both socio-demographic and financial/insurance data as a backup to the daily registration staff.
2. Facilitates patients' intake/transition to the health system by providing excellent customer service skills and advocating for the patient in identifying third-party payer coverages. Collecting Co-pay deductibles and cash collection.
3. Educating patients regarding their rights, advance directives, system services, and other patient services.
4. Providing timely and accurate information regarding patient data/status to other health system departments, physicians, physician office staffs, and other public while ensuring patient confidentiality is not breached.
5. Ensuring patient flow through the registration process or phone intake process is professional, patient-friendly, and within department-established time standards.
- Two years of college or 2 years prior equivalent experience in a health care setting.
- Computer knowledge and minimum typing requirements of 50 wpm.
- Knowledge of health insurance terminology, policies, and eligibility is required.
- Knowledge of clinical terms is helpful.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, and the ability to work with patients, their families, and the public.
- Knowledge of Meditech system preferred.