Director/Sr. Director, Professional Marketing
Biopharmaceutical company focused on helping to address the unmet medical needs of patients with ophthalmic disease.
The Director/Sr. Director, Professional Marketing will be a strong marketer with a proven track record of strategic thinking and outstanding customer focus to lead Eye Care Professional (ECP) Promotion. The candidate should be a dynamic, performance-driven leader who will be a visible and respected ambassador for the ECP brand strategy & priorities across the organization.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Marketing, the Director/Sr. Director of Professional Marketing will drive all promotional activities to eyecare professionals, leading key commercial projects from strategy through execution. This role will collaborate with cross-functional leaders to ensure robust planning and strong strategic execution to drive brand growth.
- Effectively analyzing customer insights, brand performance, market trends, & competitive intelligence to inform ECP strategic plans which address key challenges and capitalize on prioritized business opportunities.
- Refining ECP strategy and messaging based on customer insights and new data publications.
- Leading the development of all ECP promotional materials from strategy through execution, including but not limited to the core visual aid, product brochure, rep-triggered emails, speaker deck, website, print ads, display ads, social posts, & congress presence
- Developing HCP omnichannel strategy, including media mix, targeting approach, measurement, optimization, and Rx lift analysis.
- Working cross-functionally with Consumer Marketing, Marketing Operations, Sales, Thought Leader Liaisons, Training, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Legal, and Compliance and will collaborate with other organization members as required.
- Providing commercial input and working collaboratively cross-functionally, ensuring consistent, on-strategy execution within each function.
- Managing field sales Brand Council to gather relevant feedback & communicating promotional strategy and tactics to field sales teams with clear calls to action
- Developing Advisory Board strategy to gather relevant feedback from key opinion leaders
- Driving Thought Leader Liaison (TLL) strategy and execution to support marketing excellence within the eyecare space.
- Creating and delivering strategy and performance presentations to Leadership Teams
- Partnering with the agency team and providing clear expectations, guidance, and feedback, ensuring rigor in marketing excellence and exceptional execution of key tactics and deliverables.
- Managing and developing one direct report (marketing) and managing the TLL team
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. The salary range for this position is $189,000-216,000.
Competitive salaries, benefits, and an inclusive environment where you can use your experiences, perspectives, and skills to help make an impact on the lives of others.
In office once a week
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical marketing with experience in sales and HCP marketing
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing strategic plans for prescription pharmaceutical brands with the healthcare professional audience in highly competitive categories
- Experience with sales and marketing in the eyecare pharmaceutical space, marketing in the Dry Eye Disease category a plus
- Experience with building relationships and professional advocacy among ophthalmologists and optometrists
- Experience leading brands with Medicare Part D patient population and demonstrated ability to collaborate with Market Access and Patient Services colleagues
- Experience with effective strategies for non-personal promotion such as PR, Social Media, Digital channels, Point-of-Care Channels, etc.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical regulatory guidelines, compliance, and promotional policies
- Ability to understand medical/clinical aspects of a pharmaceutical product
- Ability to flex from individual contributor to team leader.
- Ability to work across multiple stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, creative and critical thinking skills
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Financial/budgetary/forecasting acumen