Stamford, CT-based medical office looking to hire two (2) Temporary Medical Receptionist Schedulers.
The 2 new temp assignments are for the same location/role covering two employees going out on LOA.
This position may also require 'call center' like rotations. The practice is set up as having staff at the front desk checking in and out, and then behind them are other receptionists addressing phones.
Schedule: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Duration: 12-14 weeks
The Receptionist/Scheduler will provide the full scope of reception and administrative office support services to the practice.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES / CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes required continuous training and education, including department-specific requirements.
- Complies with departmental organizational policies and procedures and adheres to external agency requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Answer phones, schedule appointments, check patients in and out, take co-pays, verify insurance, and handle administrative tasks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of three years of related front office experience required.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written English proficiency, required
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision within the scope of knowledge and authority of the position.
- Computer skills required (MS Office Word and Excel).
- Solid phone/customer service skills.
- Knowledge of office equipment operation (hospital computer system, telephone system, fax machine, copy machine, etc.).
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to perform complex administrative tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and, at times hectic environment.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism.