Our client, a global reinsurance holding company in Stamford, has an excellent opportunity for a Senior HR Generalist.
The Senior HR Generalist provides general human resources services to business unit managers and associates. The position supports various HR activities and processes, including recruitment, employee relations, performance management, and learning and development.
- Consult with business units on job requirements
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process, including preparing appropriate job profiles, advertising, reviewing applicants’ resumes, conducting and scheduling interviews, initiating background checks and drug screens (where applicable), making job offers, preparing offer letters, preparing new starter paperwork, etc.
- Work with agencies as required.
- Help foster a positive and collaborative work environment that stresses equal employment opportunity, diversity, equity, inclusion, fairness, and consistency in treating associates and effective dispute resolution.
- Have a strong understanding of the overall work environment, people, managerial capabilities/effectiveness, and work with HR management as necessary to enhance the organization’s overall effectiveness.
- Support Diversity, Equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Work with HR management on talent development initiatives to ensure there is a pipeline of talent to meet Gen Re`s performance and staffing goals.
- Support the day-to-day operational personnel/employment processes in accordance with global and local HR policies.
- Provide high-level generalist HR advice and support
- Maintain, improve, and implement HR procedures and policies
- Implement strategies that improve employee attraction and retention
- Act as a technical and problem-solving resource for managers and associates
- Coordinate disability, FMLA, and parental leave
- In partnership with the Compensation and Benefits team, serve as a liaison.
- Stay abreast of emerging regulations and recommend actions to HR management accordingly.
- Mediate performance concerns and coach managers and associates at all levels as required.
- Work with managers to monitor the quality and clarity of performance reviews to ensure they accurately set clear performance expectations.
Learning and Development
- Support the learning and development initiatives for the US
- Serve as a liaison with Training and Development team and act as a research resource as required in locating the appropriate training program for associates to meet their development goals
- Help foster the company`s culture and diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts in all activities and model the expected behavior during all interactions with fellow associates, managers, and HR colleagues
- Ensure that all functional activities, initiatives, and personal behavior appropriately support the mission, vision, and values of HR.
Requirements:Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Senior HR Generalist is required
- Strong experience with recruiting, employee relations, and/or policy and procedures development
- High level of integrity with the ability to keep confidential information secure
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of federal, state, and labor laws
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure and time constraints.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft and ADP Workforce Now
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some travel required
*A flexible work arrangement, including remote working, will be considered for the right candidate.