Our client is a growing and industry-leading fintech/asset management firm in lower Fairfield County, CT, that has been recognized in the Forbes FinTech 50 for the past four years, highlighting the top 50 innovative financial technology companies transforming finance through technology. The firm is currently servicing over $145B in invested assets and continues to grow.
The Company's culture is highly entrepreneurial, requiring high energy and commitment, and focused on building a best-in-class organization that is highly scalable. In addition, the firm's collaborative nature emphasizes teamwork and is committed to being a great place to work and build a career.
The firm is currently working in a hybrid capacity.
Due to expansion, they are actively recruiting for a Finance/Accountant Analyst or Associate. This position will be joining a relatively new team within Corporate Finance and will be involved with but not limited to:
• Working on stock options and equity management, shareholder management, and stakeholder inquiries
• Financial reporting consolidation responsibilities, including monthly and quarterly reporting duties
• Assist with monthly and quarterly reporting pertaining to option exercises and taxable income calculation
• Take on tax reporting responsibilities
• Assist with option exercise support for the creation of journal entries.
• Potential to branch into different areas of Corporate Reporting as the role and candidate develops
• Degree in Accounting and/or Finance required
• 1-5+ years of Corporate Finance/Accounting/Auditing or other relevant experience within the Financial Services industry
• Familiarity with Alternative Investments would be preferred, but not required
• CPA / CFA license preferred
• Experience working in a fast-paced, self-starter environment
• Familiar with equity-management software such as Carta, Solium Shareworks, or GlobalShares, a plus
• Strong accounting knowledge, inclusive of booking revenue and expense journal entries and the resulting impact to the financial statements
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel formulas, Lookups, etc.)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills