A global investment/private equity firm is hiring an Assistant Controller due to growth.
Reporting to the Controller, this role will be responsible for the global close and many other key aspects related to the accounting and finance function of the Management Company, including automation, preparing, and scaling for growth and staff supervision.
With a 20+ year track record and $18B AUM, our client continues to be a dominant force within their space. They are now looking for bright, driven professionals with the interest and ability to help them scale for future growth.
Some Responsibilities include:
Oversee and drive monthly, quarterly, and year-end global close processes for the management company
- Oversite of European Accounting (this function is outsourced)
- Oversight of cash management process, cash flow projections, liquidity, etc.
o Develop expertise in the firm's revenue streams by understanding the impact to AUM and other related factors
o Review and help with the preparation of various regulatory filings (1099s, state/local tax filings, UK FCA filings)
- Internal Reporting, oversite of external audit
o Ownership of financials statement preparation and related analytics/commentary
o Assisting the FP&A function in understanding budgeted vs. actuals variances
- Manage a team of 2-4 people across accounting operations and reporting
- Develop a deep understanding of existing processes to serve as a change agent to drive process enhancements, improve efficiencies and lead technology implementations.
- Serve as a key partner and liaison to FP&A and Compensation & Benefits leads (also reporting to Controller) to ensure accuracy around accounting and reporting of actual results
Requirements:Desired Skills & Experience
- BS/BA in accounting or related discipline; CPA required
- ~8-10 years experience in both public and private
- Strong technical expertise and proficiency with GAAP and recent accounting developments
Experience implementing technology solutions and improving processes and efficiencies
- Proven experience leading and developing teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with multiple deadlines
- Experience interacting with diverse levels of leadership, specifically in a project or major client capacity