Tax Admin Associate
Role and Responsibilities
The Tax Associate will work closely with the Tax Team and support various administrative and tax paralegal-related tasks in the financial services industry. The candidate should demonstrate a willingness to learn, a strong sense of ownership and responsibility, excellent organizational skills, and a firm understanding of business administration concepts. Prior experience in the area of U.S. taxation would be a plus.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain internal database for all tax filings, state qualifications, tax registrations, control logs, and permanent legal documents
- Monitor tax return and compliance filing deadlines
- Organize and send information requests to third parties on a quarterly and annual basis
- Prepare check requests and invoice allocations for any tax filing/notice payments and service provider invoices
- Prepare and review investor information, various tax forms, and basic supporting work papers on an as-needed basis
- Correspond with tax authorities occasionally to resolve administrative matters
- Work with cross-departmental teams on entity tax ID applications, IRS and state tax registrations, and t
- ax withholding form validation regularly
Personal/ Professional Attributes
We place a high value on analytical, smart, and intellectually rigorous attributes, facilitating the firm’s vision delivery. We encourage and foster a specific culture in our firm characterized by integrity and honesty, humility, mutual respect, teamwork, strategic and creative thought, leadership, a commercial approach, rigorous execution, and a commitment to excellence.
Along with a focus on building enduring business relationships and aligning our interests with our partners and clients, we share recognition and build camaraderie working with colleagues. We believe in an intense work ethic, a deep commitment to results, and a belief that our business is best pursued through teamwork and cross-fertilization of our business model.
Requirements:Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, Paralegal Certificate a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a paralegal or administrative role within the financial services sector (i.e., hedge funds, credit funds, PE funds, and investment partnerships)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to gather, organize, and illustrate ideas clearly and concisely
- Attention to detail, well organized, and demonstrated commitment to accuracy
- Project management skills
- Proficient Excel knowledge and comfortable with systems and technology
- Ability to drive a process and achieve desired results promptly
- Ability to thrive under pressure