Norwalk, CT-based company looking to hire a temp to perm Research Analyst.
Temp to hire
Salary range $55K - $65K
Department: Information Research Center
Reports to: Manager, Research and Administration
The Research Analyst provides research, reference, and appropriate alert services. The role is also responsible for adhering to all procedures established pertaining to research, vendor management, contract renewal surveys, inventory tracking, invoice reconciliation, and following procedures for all books, periodicals, articles, and newspapers, inclusive of ordering and maintaining accurate inventory. The Research Analyst keeps up to date on all activities and provides second-level research for new organizational initiatives.
- Conduct quick or in-depth second-level content searches for all staff using online databases, the Internet, or book and periodical collections.
- Ensure high-quality, actionable research information is produced to guide our clients in their decision-making, while ensuring the following:
o Being deliberate in sharing useful information.
o Assessing the value of the content provided.
o Highlighting key components of the content relevant to the research request.
o Organizing information by studying, analyzing, interpreting, and classifying data.
- Maintain daily organization/distribution of emails to the IRC mailbox.
- Ad hoc projects and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Information Research and Administration.
- Adhere to procedures for onboarding and offboarding all employees and consultants.
- Track all research requests in the database to ensure completion time adhered to as well assisting with requirements around contract renewals.
- Partner with vendors to arrange onsite training classes and ensure appropriate technology set up before the start of the training.
- Keep informed of due process and projects, staff interests; attend Personal Development sessions.
- Track all contracts and services in the database and run monthly reports, ensuring to:
o Evaluate all contracts coming up for renewal and ensure the source meets current content requirements by surveying staff.
o Leverage database tools to track timely delivery of invoices and automated reconciliation of all invoices.
o Maintain a database of all electronic and hard copy sources inclusive of ids and passwords and identify which sources can be shared.
- Maintain databases for all services including an inventory of all items purchased.
- Maintain all content on the existing Intranet and partner with Technology to migrate appropriate content to the new Intranet site.
- Update FITS and CRM database with new vendor contacts as well as changes to existing contacts.
- With approval from the Director of Information Research and Administration, order all books, periodicals, databases, and services (both direct and via EBSCO), maintain routing lists, and perform a quarterly review of the count of sources to ensure appropriate control of costs.
- Develop database or appropriate intranet links to assist staff with questions about copyright coverage (CCC).
- Assist manager in evaluating print sources that can be migrated to electronic databases or digitized, including:
o Partner with IST to digitize sources no longer required in hard copy.
o Migrate historical print sources to Iron Mountain with appropriate coding for ease of retrieving for future projects.
- Identify, locate, download, and disseminate relevant electronic publications on the Internet.
- Interface with delivery service and mailroom to ensure daily delivery of newspapers (Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and Financial Times) to staff.
- Extract monthly usage reports for all electronic sources and review low usage with subscribers to ensure they have proper training and tools.
- Establish best practices for cataloging new books and pamphlets.
- Develop web-based training modules which can be retrieved on future Intranet for all core electronic sources such as Business Law, Checkpoint, and news services.
- Utilize EOS to check in all periodicals and newspapers including routing slip creation and dissemination.
- Adhere to best practices to ensure print sources can be migrated to electronic during renewal process where appropriate.
- Follow all department procedures and update as needed.
Requirements:Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong command of Microsoft Suite with Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Visio is a plus.
- Analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret, and present data to create a set of conclusions.
- Quick learner with the ability to gain an understanding of the due process, projects, and information needs.
- Understanding of web-based databases, such as Bloomberg, ProQuest Accounting & Tax, EBSCO Discovery/Business Source Corporate, Business Law, Checkpoint, and Audit Analytics.
- Strong Internet searching capabilities.
- Experience using a contract, inventory, and invoice management tool such as FITS, NetSuite.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize research requests along with incoming mail, password creations and resets, contract renewals, and cataloging.
- Minimum two years of research experience preferred.