New Haven, CT-based growing company seeks to hire a Senior Accountant.
- Actively participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes, ensuring the timelines and accuracy of account reconciliations, accruals, and financial statements are in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving any discrepancies.
- Assist with payroll processing and recording required general ledger entries.
- Assist with recommendations to improve the monthly close process ensuring compliance and reducing the number of days to close.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statement supporting schedules, disclosure needs, and other internal and external reporting needs.
- Ensure compliance with internal control processes and requirements and support audit testing procedures.
- Interact with external auditors and provide audit support as directed.
- Work cross-functionally to increase visibility and understanding of processes, controls, and financial performance.
- $80,000 - $95,000 + 5% bonus + stock options + full benefits, 401k match etc.
- Hybrid - on site 3 days, 2 days remote (Friday and another day)
Requirements:Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor`s Degree in accounting or finance, CPA preferred .
- Minimum of 4 - 6 years of related corporate accounting experience. BioTech / Pharma experience preferred but not required.
- Experience with ERP / financial systems.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and evolving environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly with a strong desire and ability to support internal customers.
- Advanced capabilities in Microsoft Office products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.