Our client is looking for a self-directed and experienced Controller to join our team and work in a fast-paced, and dynamic environment at our corporate office located in Monroe, CT.
The successful candidate will work closely and collaboratively with the CFO and will be responsible for budget management, financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting to ensure that the company has "Best Practice" controllership processes and procedures for a high growth company.
Why Work Here?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy workplace and is well-versed in working closely with senior management. "Great team to work with."
About our client:
They are the leading global leader in the Sports Nutrition Supplement industry, which delivers the highest quality products located at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer, and seller of sports supplements, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people`s lives. They have been in business since 2002 and are one of the most trusted brands in the World.
They have a competitive benefits package for our employees including excellent health insurance coverage and we reimburse 80% towards your deductible! A 401K with a 4% company match, PTO, an Employee Assistance Program, a Pet-friendly environment, and Free lunch Fridays.
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- Up to 4% Matching 401K
- 80% Health reimbursement – towards your medical deductible
- Employee purchase discount
- Work from home on Fridays during the summer
- Bring your dog to work
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION
- Compile and analyze the financial reporting package.
- Develop, prepare, and analyze the financial performance metrics of the company and communicate with senior staff.
- A strong understanding of business processes and key performance measurements.
- Support new operations, including systems set-up, manager training, billing, and budgeting.
- Develops and manages financial controls in accordance with the company procedures.
- Efficiently manage all account operations and functions, including accounting systems/procedures/documentation and reporting.
- Provide leadership and support and motivate the accounting staff.
- Work closely with CFO in the development of and support of the company`s strategic plans.
- Prepare the monthly and annual operating budgets.
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management.
- Provides support to departments.
- Cognizant of the latest best practice tools and processes, and a leader in technology deployment for better controls.
- Bachelors` degree in Accounting, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years` experience and a progressive track record in a growth company.
- Experience in building and leading a team of professionals.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Experience with NetSuite.
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in the nutritional supplement industry, specifically companies that sell to FDM.