Values-based impact investing firm seeks to fill an Office Manager/Executive Assistant position.
The Office Manager will support a team of five people who manage a portfolio of socially and environmentally focused projects with an emphasis on food and agriculture.
Responsibilities are wide and range from human resource management, annual budgeting, and banking to office management and executive support for the team. There is an expectation that this position significantly increases the productivity of all members of the team. It is currently envisioned as a full-time role with an evaluation for long-term candidacy after 6 months.
Ideal candidates are those who are well-organized and yet can thrive in a dynamic workplace, who are trustworthy and dependable, and who enjoy working as a close part of a team. Candidates will be expected to embrace both small tasks and major projects independently and must have a proven ability to support a high-level team and the willingness to roll up their sleeves.
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support company operations by maintaining office and office systems (including IT) and ensuring the necessary resources and tools are available to team members
- Manage organizational procedures and systems for office personnel, including budgeting, billing, accounts payable, payroll, and scheduling. Act as keeper of the team calendar.
- Organize meetings, travel arrangements, and company events
- Provide administrative and project management support to the team
- Manage the company`s Human Resources function, including the maintenance and implementation of the employee handbook and personnel policies and procedures
The company is a multi-generational family office on a mission to restore the integrity of our food system. Since 2007, this company has leveraged diverse forms of investment, philanthropy, and human capital to promote regenerative agriculture in the U.S.
Collaboration is at our core. We are building a constellation of like-minded partners, linked by trust and common values. Together, we are moving beyond sustainability to adopt and promote regenerative practices in agriculture, finance, and business.
The compensation package is industry competitive. The office is currently based in Greenwich, CT.
Requirements:Desired Skills & Experience
- Outstanding organizational, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Tech and computer savvy, MS Office required.
- Pride in being trustworthy and reliable, with a commitment to high-quality work.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Self-starter and pro-active.
- Flexibility to take on the variety of tasks necessary to produce good work.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Experience as an executive assistant or project manager, with scheduling, budgeting, and payroll is a plus.
Above all, we`re seeking someone with:
- Willingness to stretch beyond the comfort zone and embrace new responsibilities.
- Strong worth ethic and sense of personal responsibility.
- Emotional intelligence and ability to support team culture and values.