Southington, CT financial company looking to hire a temporary Loan Underwriter (Small Business)
Commercial credit resource required to process automated credit model output and managing third party due diligence reportsfor small loans for the Fast Track Program. The original design was to cross train Consumer Loan Processors, although more variability in commercial loan applications has generated ongoing outreach for credit support.
- As of 7/21 the Fast Track credit turnaround time is 15 days versus an average of 7 days and a target of 1 day.
- This resource will also support underwriting small loans outside the Fast Track Program as well as line of credit renewals.
- As of 7/21 the credit decision turn times for larger loans was at 21 days relative to an average of 14 days and a target of 3 days.
- Need to have understanding of Commercial financial statements and tax returns, Personal tax returns and loan documentation.
- Know how to read a credit report (at least have exposure to).
- Bonus to have knowledge of SBA programs (Small business adminsitration).
- Underwriting small business loans (.5 mil or under).
- Fast paced, high volume environment.
- Need to make quick decisions, independent worker, attention to detail, problem solver.
- Ideally have 1-3 or 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Underwrite and assess credit quality of consumer loan, residential mortgage loan, and subordination requests in accordance with credit policies and/or investor guidelines.
- Responsible for review and analysis of entire file, including application, credit report, investor findings (i.e. DU), income and asset documentation, customer identification information, OFAC review, title verification, fraud review, and collateral review, including in-depth review of property valuation (i.e. full appraisal, AVM, etc.).
- Render final decision on pipeline of loans and recommend decisions on loans that exceed authority.