Our client is a leader within the insurance industry, and looking to hire an experienced Senior Accountant to add to their dynamic team as they continue to grow/expand. The company offers a rewarding, diverse working culture, exposure to a broad range of skills, and career growth. They offer a strong compensation package, benefits, and bonus.
As the Sn. Accountant, you will be help manage general accounting and financial processes. You will be responsible for all daily/monthly accounting tasks including, financial statement preparations, billing various customers, AR review, performing general ledger accounting, and bank statement reconciliations, while overseeing month end close and maintaining the fixed asset register.
- Reconcile the general operating account and payroll bank statements and enter the cash journals into the General Ledger.
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations, verify accuracy of data and report, identify, and correct any errors.
- Produce/lead the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts.
- Prepare weekly AR review.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger, which includes preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of general ledger to fixed assets register and preparation of depreciation schedules and journal entries.
- Prepare various tax filings.
- Prepare special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 6 + years related experience
- Working experience with accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Excel experience including VLOOKUP and Pivot tables
- Experience in audit accounting (preferred not required)
- Working knowledge of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles in the U.S.)