Rapidly growing FinTech company seeks to hire a motivated Corporate Accountant for a new office location in lower Connecticut to support a variety of accounting functions including the close, budgets/forecasts, consolidations and financial reporting. Additionally, this position will contribute to the continued build-out and expansion of the department.
Our client offers a dynamic and hands-on working environment that supports learning, growth and the chance to make meaningful contributions.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assisting with month-end close process on a day-to-day basis
- A/P and A/R functions relating to Broker Dealer and trail commissions
- Preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in preparing monthly management and board financial packages
- Consolidation of financial statements, actual versus budget variance analysis and compilation of Company KPI reports
- Help improve and implement processes and procedures
- Assisting in completing special projects as needed such as implementation of new accounting software
- BS in Accounting
- 2+ years of Corporate Accounting or Audit experience within the Financial Services industry; Broker Dealer experience needed.
- Knowledge of booking journal entries and consolidation of financial statements
- Highly proficient with Excel and Power Point
- Ability to manage large sets of data and be able to implement checks and balances