Temp to perm Medical Biller needed with prior experience with Medicare and Medicade.
Seeking an experienced Medical Biller/Collector to work in our Stamford, CT office. This is a 30 hour week position with full benefits and a flexible schedule. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in medical billing with the skills necessary to develop and set-up billing and collection functions.
- Perform posting charges and completion of claims to payers in a timely fashion
- Prepare, review and submit billing data to insurance providers using electronic billing software
- Follow-up work claims and claim denials to ensure maximum reimbursement for services provided
- Handle correspondence and phone calls from third party payers
- Check each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance; follow-up on any payment discrepancy
- Perform claim audits Research and appeal denied clams as necessary
- Provide reports as necessary on billing and collection activity
- 2+ years` experience as a Medical Biller
- Knowledge of HMO/PPO, Medicaid, and other payer requirements and systems.
- Proficiency with electronic billing systems
- Experience with Connecticut Medicaid billing preferred
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Proficient in basic computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, and internet usage.