Investment management firm is adding an experienced accountant to their payments team. This team is responsible for managing the payment process for the firm on a global scale; this includes the management company, family offices and fund related accounting activity. This position interacts with several other accounting and finance groups providing great exposure and visibility. The ability to understand how a variety of accounting functions all connect is critical.The firm offers excellent benefits, earning potential and perks (free food etc.)Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions, to ensure adherence to company guidelines
- Manage monthly closing and posting of month end information, review of allocations and ensure accuracy of financial statement information provided
- Manage the offshore and onshore outsource function of the Department
- Partner with FP&A and Corporate Accounting on managing actual data vs. forecasts
- Process vendor payments, research, analyze, and resolve complex payment and vendor issues and ensure payment failures are identified and resolved
- Help with developing processes and policies and overseeing their implementation.
- Assist in the preparation and development of various reports including those related to audits, compliance, and analysis