Private Equity Accountant, AVP
Dynamic and highly recognized FinTech company with offices in the tri-state area seeks to hire an Assistant Vice President level candidate to join its Private Equity Finance team in Greenwich, CT. Based on one's team, employees work onsite 3-4 days a week.
This individual will work closely with other team members, vendors, management, and clients on various accounting and reporting processes. This role will report to the Senior Vice President, Fund Finance Private Equity. This is an opportunity to truly make an impact with a young company that continues to grow and do great things.
This position will include a base salary, bonus, and stock, as well as amazing benefits.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with third-party administrators to ensure all quarterly valuations are completed promptly, general ledger entries are accurate, and investments are valued in accordance with fair value market principles.
• Review fund expenses and accruals and compare them to annual budgets to identify outliers and propose adjustments as necessary.
• Review investor allocations to confirm that the partnership operating agreements calculate profits, losses, and fees.
• Monitor the fund’s compliance with the partnership operating agreement terms.
• Review of the preparation of annual fund financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
• Oversee and coordinate the fund’s annual audit process, including managing relationships with external auditors.
Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
• 8+ years of financial services or Asset Management accounting and operations experience. Alternative Investments Fund Administration and Operations is a plus.
• Advanced degree and/or credentials, or progress towards, such as MBA, CPA, CFA, or CAIA Designation, is a plus.
• Passion for the application of innovative technology.