Accounts Payable Manager
About the position
The Accounts Payable Manager will manage AP, GL accounts, and budgets while assisting with controlling activities. The ideal candidate will manage multiple priorities, ensure internal and external deadlines are met, and take the initiative to drive process improvement with our accounting system, SAP, and related controlling systems such as SAP Business Warehouse.
This is an independent contributor role for our client, a fast-growing Beverage importer.
Salary depends on degree and/or experience. Excellent Benefits Package.
- General ledger and spreadsheet analysis, journal entries, account reconciliations, and accounts payable monitoring and analysis.
- Manage the reconciliation of vendor accounts and balances, including accruals.
- Prepare and record all disbursements via ACH, wire, occasional checks, and direct debits.
- Prepare schedules to analyze monthly results against the prior month and budget/forecast.
- Responsible for month-end, year-end close-procedures, and financial reporting.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Update and maintain accounts payable records.
- Assist with audit requests.
- Complete special projects, ad hoc data requests, and assignments as necessary
- Assist in developing and implementing controls, process enhancements, and accounting policies.
Requirements:Desired Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor`s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Previous accounting experience, including AP, is a must.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Must have knowledge of ERP Systems (SAP a plus)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Works well under tight reporting time frames.
- Self-motivated; willingness to learn.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple projects to a successful completion.
- Ability to work effectively at various levels within the organization.
- Collaborative, proactive, takes initiative.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to take on challenging assignments.
- Solid understanding of GAAP rules and regulations