Stamford, CT-based healthcare office is looking to hire a temporary Benefit Specialist.
The team needs someone who has experience in handling leave of absence.
The position is temp but can become perm.
The role is Monday -Friday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm.
Responsible for completing tasks for assigned programs under the direction of more senior staff and management. These programs may include employee benefit programs, such as medical, dental, vision, voluntary benefits, life insurance, COBRA, flexible spending programs, and 403b/457 plans.
Researches and resolves employee benefit issues and works with employee benefit vendors to address questions, concerns, and other general inquiries. Identifies communication and operational issues arising during day-to-day administration activities and proposes solutions as appropriate. Acts as customer service consultant for support staff and escalates issues/questions as required.
Stays informed of existing laws, rules, regulations, and best practices applicable to employee benefits. Maintains procedural documentation and policies. Assists with special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ability to respond effectively and timely to confidential information.
2. Updates benefits intranet page, benefit communication, and other benefit materials.
3. Assists with successfully implementing new and/or revised benefit programs.
4. Resolves eligibility and participation issues relative to assigned functional areas.
5. Acts as a customer service consultant for support staff.
6. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of industry, product, and compliance issues.
7. Assists with the annual open enrollment process.
8. Maintains procedural documentation and policies.
9. Handles additional tasks as assigned.
1. Education & Experience:
• Preferred: Bachelor's Degree and 1+ years of benefit administration experience.
• Alternative: CEBS, CBP, or equivalent certification and 3-5 years of benefit administration experience.
• Alternative: 8-10 years of benefit administration experience.
2. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe, and HRIS system.
3. Strong interpersonal skills - both oral and written.
4. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
5. The ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels, particularly peers, team members, and department managers.
6. confidentially handle employee and organization information.
7. The ability to multi-task and accomplish ongoing tasks and project assignments accurately and timely with minimal supervision.
1. Duties may involve lifting and moving boxes such as computer paper that weigh up to 35 pounds.
2. Duties may involve walking to different hospital departments and affiliates.
Generally pleasant working conditions. The nature of duties performed presents little or no potential for job-related accidental injury.