Project Manager, Practice Integrations
The Practice Integrations Project Manager reports to the Chief People Officer and, in partnership with the cross-functional Leadership Team, this role will spearhead the development and implementation of a scalable and robust practice integration model, support and lead integration efforts for new practices, and provide project management, project implementation, and change management support for all projects.
The role will work closely with the senior leaders and cross-functional project teams to support and lead projects to completion. The individual may also act as a liaison on various initiatives, ongoing internal and external deliverables, and special projects.
- Provides project oversight and management for activities related to integration efforts for new ophthalmology and optometry practices joining the company.
- Develops and manages project plans, decision and action logs, status updates, and escalation of risks and issues with key business stakeholders.
- Facilitates meetings and working sessions as part of project planning and execution.
- Engages in client relationship development through the transition period.
- Coordinates internal and external meetings, including planning with critical enabling functional stakeholders to ensure clarity of scope and objectives.
- Coordinate the compilation and/or creation of appropriate briefing materials, including the development of master project plans, presentation updates, etc.
- Provide oversight to vendors or consultants providing services directly to projects.
- Support the management of the Executive Leadership Team, e.g., providing input to identify interdependencies and potential overlaps of various projects.
- Contribute to efforts of increasing organization`s capabilities on project oversight, project execution, change management, facilitation, and project/initiative communications.
- Ensure proactive planning, prioritization, and alignment of activities and key messages for ongoing projects.
- Manage and track project timelines, resources, and deliverables; execute follow-up activities as appropriate.
- Research and incorporate industry best practices, innovation, and guidance from external resources to ensure the company remains current and practical
- Facilitates consistent local practice communications (communicates key issues and initiatives to partnering practice and clinical leaders).
- Requires 30%-40% travel
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, gained by 5+ years of work experience in project and change management.
- Experience in contributing or leading cross-functional strategic change initiatives
- Demonstrated strong cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with many different types of personalities at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and stakeholder management skills
- A demonstrated, deep understanding of ophthalmology management and private practice background.
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal)
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills.
- Highly self-motivated, flexible, able to follow through in an ambiguous, fast-changing environment, and proven ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented while demonstrating the ability to synthesize information and strategic thinking.
- Highly proactive, flexible, curious, and resilient
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Teams, as well as cloud-based tools such as Asana and Adobe Connect.
- Bachelor`s degree is required; a graduate degree (MHA or MBA, etc.) is preferred.
- 5 years prior relevant experience in management, healthcare administration, or ophthalmology.
- Strong experience using Excel to create and maintain models/project plans with multiple variables/dependencies.
- Requires a thorough understanding of customer relationship management, entrepreneurial-based service delivery, and an ability to adapt to a rapidly growing environment.
- Demonstrated leadership in a management environment with core skills of detail orientation, follow through, process design, excellent communication, and relationship management.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40% during practice integrations