The Benefits Specialist will work closely with the Head of US Human Resources and the Global Rewards team (based in the UK) to ensure the firm provides a consistent, competitive, and effective benefits offering. The Benefits Specialist will be responsible for administering the firm`s employee benefits and compensation programs.
- Research, analyze, and administer the firm`s employee benefits programs, including healthcare and wellness programs, health saving accounts, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and the 401(k) and profit-sharing plan.
- Assist with the annual benefits-renewal process alongside the Head of US Human Resources. This will include attending meetings with the benefits committee, preparing open enrollment launch materials and correspondence, and liaising with the firm`s brokers and providers as needed. Act as the point of contact for all open-enrollment related questions.
- Advise employees/partners and respond to benefit-related questions and claim issues. Ensure a timely resolution of any concerns raised by employees and/or partners.
- Act as the primary liaison between employees/partners, insurance providers, and/or brokers for benefit-related questions. Troubleshoot and follow up with insurance providers with employee benefit-related questions or concerns.
- Maintain employee benefits systems and ensure new hire enrollments, life events, and terminations are entered and processed accurately.
- Review and process monthly invoices for the firm`s benefit programs.
- Conduct benefits orientations for all new hires.
- Assist the Responsibility Framework Groups with communicating and implementing the firm`s wellness program initiatives.
- Prepare the biweekly payroll changes sheet within the agreed timeframes and provide all necessary data to the payroll team. Liaise with the payroll team as needed.
- Complete salary and benefits surveys as requested by the firm and conduct market research to ensure the firm remains competitive.
- Prepare and process employee leave of absence paperwork, including various state benefit forms for submission, i.e., New York Paid Disability and Family Leave, Connecticut Paid Family Leave, California State Disability Insurance, and Paid Family Leave claims.
- Maintain the firm`s intranet site with benefit-related documents for multiple US jurisdictions.
- Work with the HRIS and Global Reward team to produce ad hoc reports as part of the annual business planning process when needed.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as needed.
Requirements:Specific Skills Required
- Detailed-oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with employees and partners.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of employee benefits and laws.
- Maintain strict confidentiality as it relates to personal data and sensitive information.
- Highly proficient in all standard office software, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Flexibility to work outside of standard hours when needed.
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor`s Degree
- Previous experience in employee benefits and HR, ideally in a law firm or professional services environment.