Due to demand, our client, a leading international art gallery representing some of the most influential contemporary artists and estates from the past century, is adding to their Sales Accounting department. They are currently working three days in-office and ask that all employees be vaccinated for Covid-19.
Since its founding over 60 years ago, the gallery has developed a distinguished legacy as an artist-first gallery. Under the current leadership, they continue to support its artists and share their visionary work with audiences worldwide.
The company is currently working three days in-office and is asking all employees to show proof of receiving the Covid-19 vaccination.
The Senior Sales Accountant is a member of a collaborative team focused on Revenue Accounting and serves as a business partner to dealers' sales offices. The position will take on a broad range of responsibilities related to accounts receivable, sales, art purchasing journal entries; reporting cash receipts in multiple currencies and making entries directly into the gallery ERP system; reconciliation of trial balance accounts including sales, sales tax, receivables, inventory, artist production, and artist payables, special projects and more!
• Review, release, and post entries for sales, consignment, commission, and inventory purchases, etc.
• Generate and review artist's monthly/quarterly consignor/sales reports
• Work closely with colleagues to complete the month-end closing process, including the posting of journal entries, preparation of account analyses
• Assist in the creation of new reporting capabilities, including Artist P&Ls
• Prepare and document and update policies and procedures as needed
• Assist in generating, analyzing, and correctly reporting weekly sales to management
• Other ad-hoc projects as needed
Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• 7+ years of relevant accounting experience
• Experience with a middle-market or high-end accounting program; Microsoft Dynamics GP is a plus
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, with a strong emphasis on combining and using higher functions in Excel, including SUMIF, INDEX-MATCH & PIVOT TABLES
• Team player attitude with excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with all management levels.
• Strong service provider abilities, always ready to support other offices
• Initiative to solve issues, a collaborative working style, and willingness to accept direct accountability