Billing Account Manager
East Haven, CT-based company, looking to hire a temp to perm Billing Account Manager.
The Medical Billing Account Manager will provide leadership to their staff for the day-to-day running and continuous improvement within areas of responsibility. Is a leader and critical thinker, ready to solve problems before they become obstacles. Responsible for managing all tasks related to the Billing, Follow-up, and Collections functions for clients assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for the overall management and day-to-day operations of the client account and support staff. Assure integrity and compliance with payer, state, and federal guidelines.
2. Adhere to all billing policies and procedures as the company and client outlined. Supervise and facilitate all processes, policies and procedures, workflow, quality, productivity, overall team motivation and effectiveness, professional development and training.
3. Promote corporate values and maintain the confidentiality of client / patient information.
4. Create procedures for all tasks required to meet the client's expectations. Prepare written policies and procedures where needed throughout the organization and as it applies to the client account.
5. Maintain written policies and procedures so they are current, clear, and accessible. Create forms to accompany procedures if needed.
6. Develop training processes for externs, new hires, and existing staff. This includes webinars, group training, individual training, and observing within each work group. Provide written procedures with training along with a computer check off list to ensure training is complete. Spot-check work for accuracy and efficiency. Provide re-training where needed. Organize cross-training throughout the year for ensured coverage 100% of the time.
7. Monitor staffs work regularly to ensure staff are performing their assigned tasks properly and have the resources and tools needed to perform their jobs.
8. Be sure current fee schedules and billing manuals are being used for all payers billed. Stay current with changes in coding and payer requirements.
9. Adhere to timely filing guidelines for payers. Prioritize efforts as needed to avoid denials. Assign projects as needed for urgent needs.
10. Delegate work with specific guidelines to include turn-around times.
11. Ensure payments are posted with the highest accuracy and integrity.
12. Monitor aged accounts daily/weekly. Work with A/R staff to address oversights or problems within their payers. Ensure staff follow the process to work unpaid claims and backlogs are reported to manager promptly. Be sure appeals are done timely. Establish accounts for bad debt write off.
13. Be sure we possess all websites to perform our functions. Introduce sites as needed.
14. Assist in enforcing company rules. Issue performance evaluations when due. Track staffs adherence to company policies.
15. Work alongside the HR Department. Issue verbal and written warnings as warrant
16. Work with HR regarding termination matters.
17. Ensure the highest quality of customer service with clients and patients. Place strict guidelines on telephone etiquette. Provide training to staff of dos and don'ts when on the phone.
18. Prepare billing reports as needed or when asked. Obtain A/R reports from the A/R staff and use to review status of claims. Track payer issues till issue resolved and payment received.
19. Work special projects and overtime as needed.
20. Meet all established deadlines and goals.
Requirements:ADDITIONAL GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Professional positive attitude, vision, understanding of customer service principals, trustworthiness, and excellent interpersonal skills to successfully accomplish tasks necessary to meet high standards of ethical and social responsibility required by this position. This position is an on-site position.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma. Certified in medical coding (CPT4 and ICD9/ICD10), Medical Billing and Procedures. College degree accepted in lieu of experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5-10 years experience in a medical office environment. Experience with Windows applications, proficient use of computer, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel. Strong communication, verbal and written, and interpersonal skills. Ability to analyze and solve problems with limited assistance. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Knowledge and use of the English language, Bi-lingual a Plus
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic math skills
REASONING ABILITY: Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION: CCA certification, CPC certification preferred
- Supports an ethical standard which complies with a code of conduct free of conflicts of interest.
- Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for:
o Safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
o Confidentiality of all data, including patient, employee and operations data.
o Quality Assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
o Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
- Supports and participates in common teamwork:
- Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plans and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment.
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Follows up as appropriate with supervisor and co-workers regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Promotes positive public relations with patients, physicians and site staff.
EQUIPMENT / MACHINES USED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS JOB
Excellent PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet and database management tools.