A premier law firm conveniently located on the Norwalk/Westport border seeks an experienced Commercial Real Estate Paralegal.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support with commercial and some residential closings and may also have the opportunity to become involved in some corporate paralegal transactions. This is an ideal opportunity to be part of a wonderful working environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Assist attorneys with all aspects of real estate transactions, including document review and revisions, closing preparations, due diligence review, title insurance coordination, limited liability company formation, out-of-state qualification, and preparation of closing binders.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the transactions and be able to respond in real-time to questions
- Make revisions to documents and keep track of deal changes and update accordingly
- Prepare signature pages for all deal documents
- Order and review UCC and litigation searches; prepare summary of relevant findings
- Prepare settlement statements and closing ledgers and assemble documents
- Prepare and maintain closing checklists
- Assist in preparations for closing and attendance at closings, whether in escrow or in-person
- Prepare closing binders
- Prepare summaries of loan documents and other material documents
- Handle all support aspects of a commercial transaction, title/survey review, UCC research and filings, due diligence, ancillary document drafting, and closing/post-closing procedures
- Maintain organized files for numerous transactions
- Additional responsibilities, as requested
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to multitask.
- Must be able to work directly with clients, a self-starter who can meet deadlines and work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Connecticut Notary
- Office hours 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, occasional overtime may be required.
Minimum of 5 years law firm experience
Bachelor`s and Paralegal certificate a plus.