Reports to the Associate Director, Accounting Operations
Hybrid (3 days in / 2 remote)
- Actively participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes, ensuring the timelines and accuracy of account reconciliations, accruals, and financial statements are in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, and resolving discrepancies.
- Assist with payroll processing, and recording required general ledger entries.
- Assist with recommendations to improve the monthly close process, ensuring compliance and reducing the number of days to close.
- Assist in preparing financial statements supporting schedules, disclosure needs, and other internal and external reporting needs.
- Ensure compliance with internal control processes and requirements and support audit testing procedures.
- Interact with external auditors and provide audit support as directed.
- Work cross-functionally to increase visibility and understanding of processes, controls, and financial performance.
Requirements:REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance, CPA preferred
- Minimum of 4 - 6 years of related corporate accounting experience. BioTech / Pharma experience preferred but not required
- Experience with ERP / financial systems
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Ability to communicate clearly with a strong desire and ability to support internal customers
- Advanced capabilities in Microsoft Office products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimal travel is required