A Jericho, NY-based company is looking to hire two temporary Funding Accountants.
- # of positions: 2
- Onsite full time
- Hours: 40 hours per week, flexible start/end time around prime business hours
In this position, your primary responsibility is the daily reconciliations of general ledger and DDA accounts for the Commercial/Consumer Loan Administration and Operations teams.
Core Job Responsibilities/Key Activities/Elements:
1. Ensure general ledger and DDA accounts are balanced and reconciled daily for all cost centers: research, clear differences, and discrepancies within the appropriate time frame.
2. Compare the trial balance report daily against the appointed general ledger accounts, research, and adjust any differences. Responsible for reconciling mortgage payments made at the branch and allocation to the servicing system.
3. Complete the daily cash balancing of funds posted to the servicing system to ensure the payment clearing and disbursement accounts are correctly cleared. Work with the Commercial/Consumer Loan Servicing, Real Estate Administration, and other departments within the Bank to clear reconciling items.
4. Ensure that the Good Faith, Loans in Process, and Mortgage Fee Suspense accounts are cleared promptly. Responsible for the research & submission of invoices/bills to Accounts Payable for appraisals, environmental, and Phase 1 fees.
5. Assist in the accurate wiring of funds for loan closing, advance on Lines of Credit, Construction advances, and tax payments.
6. Handle the processing of all cash transactions to the loan servicing system, including but on limited to payment posting and payoff posting
7. Assisting department leadership in drafting and implementing new procedures. Perform additional accountabilities as required.
8. Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
For this position, you will need 5-7 years of experience in Mortgage Accounting or Investor Reporting, preferred
SPECIFIC JOB-RELATED EDUCATION & SKILLS
1. Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
2. Knowledge of mortgage servicing system preferred
3. Strong working knowledge of general ledger processing.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
5. Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation.
6. Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills.
7. Excellent decision-making skills.
8. Effective time management, organizational, and prioritization skills.
9. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite and certifications as applicable to the position.
- START DATE ASAP!!!!
- Opportunity for extension or conversion to FTE? Yes, this is the intention for both positions.
- Multitask, detail-oriented, general understanding of lending and accounting.