Our client a packaging solutions company that provides industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace has a HR Generalist role open in their NY facility. In this role, you will maintain, support, and enhance the manufacturing team's talent, culture, and functional excellence while providing a strong partnership with the Manufacturing business leaders and HR Manager.
Additionally, you will be responsible for the following:
- Recruiting Strategy: you will help develop, implement and maintain a recruiting strategy with guidance from the HR Manager so that open positions are filled timely and we have a continued talent pipeline available.
- Lead Onboarding: you will lead onboarding and retention activities for manufacturing new hires.
- Ensure Compliance: you will coordinate the leave of absence process (Short term disability, FML, and ADA). You will ensure data accuracy via the HRIS system and employee files.
Requirements:Successful candidates will bring with them the following requirements and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Organizational Development; or 3 plus years related experience and/or training in a large manufacturing organization; or an equivalent combination of the two is required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in recruiting talent and developing a recruiting strategy
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, verbal, and presentations) with all levels of employees and vendors
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Maintain strict confidentiality and protects the privacy of confidential/sensitive information
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- Proactive; exercises sound judgment and decision making; able to identify problems and needs and develop solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-confident, self-motivated, polished professional who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus