Well established investment management firm with a 20-year history is growing their family office in Greenwich, CT. They seek to hire an Assistant Controller/Controller to work within the founder’s family office which strives to provide best-in-class services to founder and his family across a wide range of activities, including long-term strategic planning, trust and estate management, property services, cash management, reporting and financial recordkeeping across numerous legal entities. Over time, it is expected the family office will continue to build out its investment and philanthropic capabilities.
A successful candidate will be highly proficient in complex accounting and financial concepts pertaining to fund and direct private investments, entity cash management/liquidity projections, and investment reporting.
Key Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Responsible for all accounting activities pertaining to personal, investment and business entities, including:
o Maintain general ledgers for tax and financial reporting purposes
o Perform cash management functions across all legal entities
o Prepare monthly statements of current cash position and short-term and long-term cash forecasts
- Consolidate information across various internal and external reports (investment performance, capital commitments, interest/dividend income, alternative/fixed income securities, etc.) with ability to appropriately book such items
- Own key accounting and financial projects and processes, suggesting and implementing solutions to improve efficiency
- Serve as principal contact for day-to-day banking activity with the family office's primary banking provider
- Preparation of the annual personal and family office budget, including monthly reporting of budget to actuals with variance analysis;
- Oversight of investment positions, including performance reporting and capital commitment schedules
- 8+ years of related experience
- Family Office and or Financial Services accounting experience a plus
- Ability to apply discretion and maintain the confidentiality of information
- Strong communication and “customer service” skills