Our client, the nation`s largest Specialty Foodservice Distributor, seeks a self-motivated Software Developer/Analyst with a minimum of five years of experience developing business applications and/or EDI solutions.
The successful candidate will be a member of a small team chartered to deliver and maintain multiple applications (sales, purchasing, finance, HR, EDI) focused on the internal business teams.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working closely with business teams and management to deploy solutions to all divisions of the company. This is a growth position with an expanding company and an opportunity to work with our business team to transform our business.
Reports To: VP, Business Systems & IT Governance
Location: Ridgefield, CT
Schedule: Will be required to occasionally work outside of normal business hours
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server (10+ years) working in a classic database and data warehouse environment.
- Experience in the Microsoft .Net technology stack (10+ years) including C#, ASP, and VB.
- Experience with 3rd Party development tools like Redgate and DevExpress is a plus.
- Experience modeling and extracting data in a heterogeneous systems environment (multiple ERP, external operational data sources, 3rd party applications, etc.).
- Experience with EDI and various data transfer protocols (e.g. SFTP).
- Experience gathering business requirements and delivering to those requirements.
- Experience with data security (and SOX) as required in a publically held company is a plus.
Skills and Expertise:
- Working knowledge of SDLC industry practices as required to deliver quality solutions on a timely basis.
- Interpersonal skills as needed to interact with their IT counterparts and Business Team.
- Communication and presentation skills as required to explain project scope, challenges, and progress.
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts and/or technology as required to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
- Knowledge of the food distribution industry is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to wear multiple hats
- Rollup sleeves mindset
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) experience is a MUST
- Strong SQL
- Understanding of data architecture including set up and design of SQL tables and database(s)
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor`s degree from a four-year college or university.