Middle Office Analyst
International macro hedge fund with over $3B AUM and multiple locations is adding a Middle Office Analyst in their New York office. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the faster growing funds while still in its infancy. This position will provide the incumbent with great exposure, visibility, the chance to learn and grow with the firm and make a real impact. Additionally, this position offers strong earning potential.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a solid understanding of P&L attribution, valuations and risk. A strong foundation in trade flow processing is important as well.
Some specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing daily portfolio pricing and P&L calculations; calculate P&L, pricing and valuations
- Research and resolve P&L issues raised by front office
- Review performance reporting and P&L across manager, strategy and asset class
- Communicate risk capital to various internal departments
- Update allocation schedules and work on a variety of errors and issues related to trades, positions and exposure.
- Help create Data Models to improve performance review and P&L attribution
- Prepare materials for Valuations Committee
- Assist legal and compliance with regulatory issues
- Support IR with investor due diligence and other requests
- 2-4 years of experience in the Middle Office or Operations department of a Global Macro Fund
- Will have the ability to calculate P&L, pricing and valuations
- Broad range of product knowledge: equities, bonds, futures, swaps, options, CDS, OTC and FX
- Ability to hold a conversation with traders and PM's on the first and second order of Greeks a plus
- Excellent Excel skills; VBA, SQL a plus