Bridgeport, CT financial company looking to hire two temporary Adjusters
Will be onsite/in office positions
Hours: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Temporary role 3-6 months
Pay depends on experience
- This position is responsible for the timely resolution of basic internal, correspondent, merchant and customer transaction errors in a variety of formats.
- Resolution includes transfer and recovery of funds in accordance with strict regulatory timeframes involving customer accounts.
- Reviews and investigates straightforward incoming adjustments from various sources to determine the appropriate resolution based on established policies and procedures.
- Performs simple corrections to customer and/or general ledger accounts.
- Prepares written correspondence to notify customers, merchants and financial institutions of basic error resolution.
- Initiates the collection process with correspondent banks to resolve basic outstanding cash items.
- Prepares and balances daily work in accordance with accounting and auditing procedures.
- Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
- Effective PC skills, including word processing, internal bank software and industry specific applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary to correspond with internal and external customers, including other financial institutions.
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy in a high volume, fast paced and multi-task environment.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Ability to use knowledge of departmental policies and procedures to identify and resolve problems.