The responsibility of this role is to assist in ensuring regulatory and compliance for manufactured and distributed specialty chemical products, nutraceutical, health and personal care, cosmetic and pharmaceutical ingredients.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- 1. Work with Regulatory & Compliance Manager to ensure full compliance with federal, state, local regulations and corporate standards.
- Bachelor`s degree in Chemistry (or related field). 2-3 years regulatory compliance experience specific to chemicals, food and/or drug industry is highly preferred.
- Hazmat and GHS trained is desired. FDA, EPA, EHS experience is a plus.
- The candidate will be a people person with an "easy going / super friendly personality" and have excellent relationship building skills. Must be able to remain calm, have a positive attitude, and be focused while juggling multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Must be highly flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the business.
- Must be a problem solver, organized, detail oriented and have effective time management skills.
- Must be resourceful, proficient in research, and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated, responsible, disciplined, and a have strong desire for continuous learning.
- Strong IT skills (MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), experience in IFS and ExEss software a plus.
- Willing to travel as needed.
2. Assist in creating and maintaining SDS` and labels in the ExEss software (ERP), ensuring compliance with current country specific GHS and per various government agency regulations. Participate in existing project to update the database in ERP system and automate SDS/labels authoring software.
3. Responsible for entering/updating new parts in IFS database with corresponding regulatory information and documents.
4. Participate in our NACD (National Association of Chemical Distributors) team that is responsible for updating and maintaining internal Responsible Distribution policies and procedures. This includes but not limited to writing SOP`s and conducting internal and external audits.
5. Utilize company`s compliance software program, to assist in creation of EHS programs (OSHA Hazcom 2012).
6. Assist with tariff rate classification and compliance with various government agency regulations such as EPA (TSCA) ad FDA for our imports.
7. Participate in annual physical inventory counts and reconciliations for 3rd party warehouses, including compliance safety audits.
8. Assist in customer requested warehouse audits to ensure customer/product standards are met per cGMP.
9. Assist with database management for INFOTRAC (main 24-hour contact for transportation spills) ensuring updated SDS` and labels are on file. Act as a backup contact for Emergency calls.
10. Participate in internal Import Audit project involving updating of regulatory import data in ERP system while working with Import team and Regulatory & Compliance Manager to determine the necessary regulatory updates.
11. Assist in the completion of Quality, Regulatory, Safety questionnaires for Customers and Suppliers in coordination with the Sales Support, Product Managers and Regulatory & Compliance Manager.
12. Assist in the auditing of distribution and manufacturing processes to ensure process safety.
13. Participate in training internally and externally on Responsible Distribution, Regulatory & Compliance, OSHA, Hazmat, GHS and other as required.
14. Initiates, tracks, and provides support for problem resolution as required and notifies necessary departments of issues.
15. Supports an environment that fosters communication and teamwork within Regulatory and Compliance department and related departments.
16. Maintains all accurate regulatory documentation.
17. Assist in evaluating accuracy, completeness, and adequacy of data/reports from internal and external sources.
18. Communicates and participates in identified improvements as well as mitigation of potential gaps in conjunction with Regulatory and Compliance Manager.
19. Assist with the reviewing, reconciling, and approving vendor invoices such as freight, warehouse handling and custom broker bills.
20. Backup other regulatory/compliance functions, and other projects as assigned.