Sales & Logistics Coordinator
The Sales & Logistics Coordinator plays a major role in "selling" the image of the company.
This position provides sales support for existing business, is the interface between the suppliers and the customers, processes sales orders, arranges domestic transportation and tracks shipment through delivery, sales follow-up, monitors customer credit limits and late payments.
- Ensure that customers and principals are provided with accurate and timely information on sales transactions.
- Provide office support to sales team including telephone sales as appropriate, entry orders in IT system; support the sales force with sales function and sales development efforts.
This position reports to the Operations Manager.
The position requires the candidate to be able to:
1. Interface between customers, suppliers, and contract manufacturers. Ensure customers and principals are
provided with accurate and timely information on sales and purchase transactions.
2. Input of purchase, sales, logistics and other related data in the local IT system. Responsible for accuracy of information, updating and monitoring of information from purchase order entry through to delivery of sales order, including customer invoice.
3. Arranges domestic transportation, ensuring compliant, timely, and accurate inventory movements, which includes shipment coordination, internal/external communications, and preparation of shipping documents for goods movements to/from storage warehouses or production facility to/from suppliers and customers.
4. Manage logistics from supplier to customer including processing of documentation and tracking orders through to delivery to customer.
5. Select vendors and negotiate competitive pricing for logistics services.
6. Gain a formal understanding of domestic rules and regulations that govern the shipments of chemical and nutraceutical products ensuring GHS and DOT hazmat compliance.
7. Ensure timely processing and payment of vendor invoices. Audit freight bills from trucking companies and warehouse handling bills for accuracy and enter/update corresponding costs in database.
8. Files claims with carriers and insurance companies for damages occurred during transportation and handles any corresponding returns from customers.
9. Assist Product Managers in managing inventory levels related to assigned stocks at warehouses.
10. Deal effectively with customer problems and provide timely resolution.
11. Assist the sales force in all related work and business development such as promote products/services whenever possible. Look for and convey selling opportunities in day-to-day contact.
12. Actively manage customer credit limits and assist with collection calls and payments recovery if necessary.
13. Participate in annual physical inventory counts and reconciliations of 3rd party warehouses.
14. Attend internal/external trainings and meetings.
15. Back-up other sales support and logistics functions, and other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor`s degree in chemistry, business, marketing or related discipline and 3+ years` experience in sales support, customer service, and transportation and inventory management in a global operation preferred.
- DOT hazmat and GHS familiarity is beneficial.
- This position requires someone that is
highly organized and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively multi-task and prioritize deadlines.
- Communicates information professionally and follows up in a clear and timely manner.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational.