Production Accountant (Media)
Our client, a multi-vertical media, marketing, and investment business platform. with offices in New York City, Los Angeles CA, and Stamford, CT, seeks to hire a Production Accountant due to growth.
Exceptional storytellers at heart, our client opens new opportunities to businesses, talent, and brands through providing operational resources, financial support, marketing exposure and first-class content to its partnerships and clients.
They are looking for a dynamic candidate to join their accounting team that embodies a team first mentality and is focused on delivering high caliber results.
The Production Accountant will provide accounting oversight and consultation across all productions, working closely with the internal Production Management team as well as the networks. This individual will ensure the accounting processes and communication operate seamlessly within individual projects and across the company.
The Production Accountant will be responsible for the following at the project level:
• Acting as lead production accountant on all projects
• Working with production team throughout the project to review cost reports, giving feedback on actuals and adjusting cashflow as needed
• Working with Production teams to ensure all costs are accurately reflected, and monitoring variances between EFCs and production budgets, greenlights, and programming forecast
• Acting as liaison between production payroll company, paymaster, and production team to ensure payments are processed accurately and any issues are resolved in a timely manner
•Review cash flows / funding from the networks at project kickoff, flagging any potential issues
•Reviewing and reconcile Bank, PCard, Credit Card and Petty Cash accounts
•Wrapping show financials including providing a final ledger, cost report and financial recap of project for company and tax purposes
•Manage any potential production audits
Requirements:• BS/BA in Accounting or related discipline
• 3+ years of managing show productions, large series, or features
• Working knowledge of Movie Magic Budgeting, production accounting and payroll systems (Greenslate)
• Experience working to create/revamp systems and set up production companies accounting workflows and procedures
• Ability to multi-task
• Proficient in Excel
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills