The office manager position is responsible for staff management, oversight of operations, building community networks and ensuring a pristine, safe, and excellent facility for employees and clients. The ideal candidate will be interested in the beauty and cosmetics industry as well as health and wellness.
The office manager position also requires a person to direct and coordinate office services and related activities, including developing and supervising programs, training staff, giving daily feedback, onboarding new employees, managing daily operations, and ensuring financial goals and budgets are met. The position also provides arrangements for office meetings, staff retreats, in-office events, employee talent-management, and other general Human Resource duties.
- Networking and building community relations
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Supervises and coordinates overall administrative activities for a staff of 12.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations.
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
- Organizing weekly, quarterly, and annual meetings for staff and Management
- Organizing company events, retreats, or conferences
- Ordering office supplies
- Dealing with correspondence, complaints and queries of employees and clients
- Preparing letters, presentations and reports
- Supervising and monitoring the work of administrative staff
- Managing office budgets
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems
- Organizing induction programmes for new employees
- Ensuring that health and safety policies are up to date
- Attending meetings and events with senior management
- Assisting the organization's HR function by keeping personnel records up to date, arranging interviews, etc.
- Time Management.
- Decision Making.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organization Skills.
- Supervisory Responsibility