Extended Warranty Claims Adjuster – Call Center Representative
Norwalk, CT based company looking to hire a temp to perm Extended Warranty Claims Adjuster - Call Center Representative
To be successful as a claims adjuster, you must act as a liaison and primary point of contact between the customer and the service dealer for all extended warranty-related issues and claims. Your primary responsibility is to work towards an expedited resolution on all warranty claims that promote satisfaction on behalf of the customer.
Extended Warranty Claims Adjuster also assists the call center by processing claims, providing inbound and outbound phone and email support to our clients; regarding extended warranty products or services.
- Prepare warranty repair orders that are well-defined, accurate, and in compliance with the extended warranty policies and procedures, as outlined in the guidelines.
- Determine and enter the applicable required administrative data on the repair order.
- Check each repair order against history to avoid processing duplicate claims or submitting claims for repeat repair comebacks.
- Work in conjunction with the customer and service dealer concerning the repairs to be performed, the authorization as per extended warranty requirement, and travel and repair reimbursements.
- Contact the appropriate parties regarding any claims requiring additional authorization or for claims requiring special assistance.
- Emphasize the importance and communicate any adjustments as they occur to a service dealer and department management during the claim process.
- Review and process all returned/rejected/adjusted extended warranty claims, track each claim until its final resolution.
- Adhere to KPI(s), as defined by the leadership team, to ensure departmental expectations and quality assurance is within standards.
- Act as a backup to the Inbound Contact Center Team concerning general customer service extended warranty plans, claims, credits, sales, and product registration.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- 1-3 years of experience as a claims adjuster or in a related role.
- 1-3 years of experience in customer service.
- Genuine desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail with an ability to follow through while managing multiple tasks and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to work under pressure. Must be able to meet deadlines and handle high volume work while practicing urgent time management
- Able to think outside the box, critical thinking, decision-making skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- An ability to be positive, energetic, and relay information precisely, professionally, and friendly while overcoming objections.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and acquires the desire to learn and to succeed.
- Demonstrates teamwork, displays a positive attitude, and has a strong work ethic.
- Must be punctual, reliable, positive, and energetic.
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PDF, Google Docs, and Email)
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Associate degree preferred
- Work Hours: Monday - Friday - 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM & 9:30 AM -6:00 PM
- No Travel Required
- Job Type: Temporary to Permanent - Non-Exempt
- Location: Norwalk CT Temporarily Remote