Accounts Payable Coordinator
Waterbury, CT based financial company looking to hire a temporary Accounts Payable Coordinator
This is an ONSITE/IN-PERSON position
Hours: Normal business hours, some slight flexibility if needed, 40 hours per week.
- Looking for someone seasoned with a lot of experience who can work independently.
- Should be able to process invoices and understand procedures without a lot of guidance.
- If they have the supervisory experience that would be a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
This role is currently approved for 6 months, but if this person is the right fit there is potential for extension/conversion based on business needs.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Knowledge of Purchase Orders and PO Processing is required.
- Must have strong computer literacy. Systems used in this role are Oracle (system of record), scanning and imaging system is APExpress (not well known and is easy to learn).
- They do not have to have experience in these specific systems but must be able to learn quickly.