Credit Risk Review Analyst
Southington, CT compnay is looking to fill a temporary Credit Risk Review Analyst
This is a 3 month temp role
This position is responsible for supporting the Credit Risk Review function through the assessment, on a loan specific or portfolio-wide basis, of credit quality and corresponding potential loan or other loss exposure for the various loan portfolios and activities that create credit risk. Monitor compliance with, and adequacy of, established business line and corporate policies.
Responsibilities that are attributed only to one incumbent should not be listed unless they are so significant that they create a new position.
1. Participate in several reviews of various loan portfolios and activities that create credit risk. As a review participant:
a. Use credit and financial information to verify the continuing creditworthiness of existing customers. Assess the adequacy of current risk ratings and accrual status.
b. Assess relationship manager compliance with bank policy.
c. Report on exceptions to established guidelines.
d. Verify the adequacy and completeness of credit files.
2. Provide consultative feedback to review leader relative to credit/loan quality issues arising from reviews.
3. Develop specific areas of subject matter expertise (i.e. CRE, Treasury Investments, Residential Lending).
4. Participate in other projects as requested by the Director, Credit Risk Review or Manager, Credit Risk Review.
Requirements:Commercially focused role, analyze commercial loans, C&I (comm and industrial), underwriting and portfolio management, MUST HAVE experience with commercial loans.
- 3-4+ years of experience at minimum, most team members have close to 20 years experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in credit analysis and/or credit review.
- Detail-oriented and able to work well independently and within deadlines.
- Financial statement analysis skills or equivalent coursework.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.