Multi-strategy hedge fund in lower Connecticut with a strong track record and great environment is hiring a Valuation Analyst. This firm is located very close to the train station making an easy commute from those residing in NYC or northern Fairfield County. This is a great opportunity to join an amazing firm.
This position is responsible for critical valuation work across the firm’s funds. The role requires a deeply analytical and detail-oriented professional who can work independently and collaborate with others to analyze, check and document all aspects of the valuation process. The Analyst is part of a small team allowing for excellent exposure, visibility, and growth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining detailed documentation of inputs, processes, and conclusions
- Carefully analyzing and checking work produced by other Valuation Team members
- Contributing to primary and secondary research
- Building models and conducting rigorous financial analysis
- Streamlining and maintaining monthly valuation processes
- Special projects
- BS/BA in a finance or related discipline
- 1-4 years’ experience in an Operations and or Accounting position (Fund Accounting a plus)
- Experience with analytical and or data-driven work
- An interest in business/economics and what makes a company successful
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving abilities; open minded approach