Revenue Cycle Assistant Accounts Receivable
The Revenue Cycle Assistant is responsible for supporting the Accounts Receivable team.
Billing Operations: entering charges based on superbills, spreadsheets, or other types of encounter forms; reconciling charge batches; and assigning reason codes to correspondence
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Billing Operations Focus:
- Accurately batches and enters charges relegated for manual entry within 3 business days of receipt.
- Reconciles each manual charge batch through established control mechanisms.
- Verifies that hospital-based charges are linked to eligible insurance plans.
- Effectively batches and assigns reason codes to correspondence within 3 business days of receipt.
- Coordinates account resolution with the Accounts Receivable team when appropriate.
- Accurately documents patient accounts of all actions taken. Apprises management of concerns as appropriate.
- Informs management, as appropriate, regarding backlogs and time available for additional tasks.
- High school graduate required.
- Experience working in a multispecialty group practice, healthcare system or academic medical center preferred.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Passion to learn new subjects such as clinic operations
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Windows programs and database program applications preferred.
- Moderate to advanced data entry skills and ability to use 10-key by touch with high accuracy rate.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.