Position: Call Center Representative
Reports to: Manager of Call Center and Patient Experience
Summary: Responsible for answering phones, making appointments, updating database, scheduling and other administrative functions.
- Book appointments, coordinate and re-schedule patients and confirms appointments using computerized system.
- Answering high volume phone queue.
- Screens calls, takes messages and directs to appropriate triage.
- Block schedules for surgeries, vacations, PTO, etc.
- Prepares the daily schedule of physicians' office, OR and on-call coverage.
- Televox: check reports for cancellations daily and remove from schedule.
- Record details of inquiries, comments and complaints.
- Opens and closes switchboard according to established procedure.
- Follows all HIPAA regulations as instructed.
- Check New Patient list for duplicates.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments.
- Customer service email correspondence (must have proper grammar to compose emails to clients.)
- Follows ONS' policies and procedures.
- Perform administrative functions/tasks and other duties/projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Microsoft Office experience with strong Excel, Word & Outlook skills.
- Strong customer service support skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills - verbal & written.
- Good listening skills, good grammar and good reading comprehension.
- Punctual, reliable, hardworking, well organized, professional and detail orientated.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions quickly under pressure.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures.
- Ability to persuade, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Scheduling experience preferred.
- Bi-Lingual Spanish/English required.
- Healthcare industry knowledge helpful.