Large and very stable Family Office in lower Connecticut is adding an Accountant to its team of accounting and finance professionals. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position will be responsible for maintaining the books, records and accounting for the family and their many entities.
This is an exceptional opportunity to advance your accounting knowledge and experience through the exposure and handling of several complex accounting functions within a very thoughtful engaging environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complex accounting and bookkeeping functions
- Daily GL work
- Performing work related to monthly close
- Supporting the tax and financial reporting process
- Reconciliations, cash management
- Help develop junior staff members
- Special projects
- BS in Accounting and Finance
- ~5-10 years of accounting experience
- Accounting experience within a Family Office or similar environment is a plus, but not required
- Ability to work through complex transactional accounting functions and flows
- Strong communication and Excel skills (PivotTables, Look-ups, Complex-ifs)
- Understands the need for discretion when working with confidential information