Large Healthcare Facility looking to hire a temporary Senior Credentialing Coordinator/Office Mgr.
Working under the direction of the Director, Medial Staff Services, the Sr. Credentialing Coordinator/Office Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Medical Staff Services department to develop, manage, and monitor the ongoing processes and procedures that support credentialing, recredentialing, privileging, and other functions of the Medical Staff in accordance with system policies and procedures, Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules & Regulations; Joint Commission and other regulatory requirements. Facilitate all the credentialing functions, such as applications management and primary source verification. Supervises the credentials team and support staff in the day to day operations of the overall credentialing process. Acts as office manager (e.g. ordering supplies, processing purchase orders, processing monthly medical staff leadership stipends, ordering supplies, etc).Patient safety is enhanced by the assurance that clinical services are delivered by high quality and highly competent practitioners. The Senior Credentialing Coordinator and Office Manager plays a critical role in ensuring that the credentialed members System meet clinical criteria for excellence upon initial application and on an ongoing basis. Concurrently, the Senior Credentials Coordinator and Office Manager provides support to the medical staff in various aspects of their medical staff membership and facilitates the ability of the providers to provide patient centered care to their patients both in and out of the hospital environment
- Oversees all aspects of credentialing and privileging of medical and dental staff and ancillary staff professionals in compliance with the Medical Staff Bylaws, policies and procedures and regulatory standards.
- Manages daily operation of Medical Staff Services Office and supervises support staff. Provides guidance to the credentialing team and Credentials Committees regarding the management of credentialing files and the verification process.
- Serves as the principal resource for compliance in the credentialing program with internal and external standards, including accrediting and regulatory bodies as they apply to the medical staff.
- Acts as Liaison and facilitate interactions between medical staff, administration, and other departments. Maintains excellent working relations and communication with medical staff leadership, administration, and other relevant departments. Assures exceptional customer service by the Medical Staff Services department.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Peer Review to ensure timely completion of FPPE and OPPE for privileged practitioners.
- Manages appropriate, compliant, and timely assessment of applications for appointments, reappointments, change in status, delineation of privileges, and other associated credentialing functions.
- Manages the essential medical staff committee structure in conjunction with the medical staff leadership. Manages and attends the Credentials Committee, Ancillary Credentials Committee, Quarterly Medical Staff Meetings and other meetings as appropriate.
- Assures integrity of data entry and data quality of credentialing and privileging electronic and paper files.
- Provide support to the medical staff leadership. Collects medical staff dues and manages the dues fund. Assist with the voting and election of medical staff officers.
- Participates in Joint Commission accreditation preparation. Review, prepare and present credential files for State and regulatory agencies audits.
- Leads and coordinate new physician orientation for credentialed practitioners.
- Manages a variety of project activities relating to credentialing and privileging in the Medical Staff Services/Medical Affairs Department to include process improvement, development and posting of policies and procedures, maintaining medical staff and credentialing documents.
- Perform functions of an office manager (process invoices, order supplies, equipment maintenance etc).
- Perform special projects and other work-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in credentialing preferably in a hospital setting. Experience with The Joint Commission preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the healthcare and credentialing industry, including medicolegal issues, state/federal standards, and regulatory requirement.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with keen desire to help people. Develops strong relationships with diverse groups and encourage accomplishment of mutually established goals.
- Experience in project management is preferred.
- Excellent phone and customer service oriented skills.
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking/analysis skills required.
- Ability to function effectively and work under pressure in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Exceptional organization and prioritization skills and can work on several projects/tasks simultaneously. Ability to manage own time. Must have initiative to work efficiently without constant supervision and direction.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Accurate computer skills, through proficiency with Word, Excel, Power Point. Credentialing software experience with Symplr Medkinetics/Cactus credentialing database is preferred.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Valid Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional Medical Services Management credentials is required.