Customer Service Representative
- Job Title: Customer Service Representative
- Location: Stamford, CT
- Pay Rate: $18 /hr.
- Start/End Time: 8:30 am - 5 pm
- Start Date: 12/18/2019
Our client, the corporate headquarters of a furniture retailer, located in Stamford, CT, is seeking a customer Service representative to join their team, first as a temporary employee before being hired permanently.
- Responsible to meet or exceed all goals and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Demonstrates competencies in customer focus, problem solving, relationship building influencing and results focus.
- Provides customer satisfaction within 24 hours through effectively and timely resolution of a variety of customer inquiries.
- Increases revenue through the execution of various sales initiatives.
- Uses resource documentation for reference and training tools provided to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Meets productivity and quality standards as outlined in your key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to maintain proficiency
- Handles all customer service issues professionally capable of achieving a collaborative resolution.
- Able to identify issues and determine when to appropriately escalate.
- Assists the team and management with projects and tasks as needed.
- Maintains a calm demeanor and manages issues professionally and respectfully in accordance with our company standards.
- Acts with integrity and trust at all times, modeling behavior that respects our employees, peers and customers in accordance with the core values of our company.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma required.
- Minimum of one-year experience in a Call Center environment or comparable customer service experience.
- Applicants must be flexible to working evenings and weekends if requested.
- Proficiency utilizing MSOffice utilizing Word, Excel, POS systems and Internet.
- Familiarity with PowerPoint a plus.
- Capable and willing to learn new systems and processes.
- Able to prioritize with proven time management skills and adaptable to a changing business environment.
- Must have superior communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal skills; able to listen effectively to solve problems, anticipate issues and make effective decisions.
- Able to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines consistently.
- Ensure accuracy and provide correct information to customers to resolve issues and meet client expectations.
- Must have solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to thrive in a collaborative environment and work cross functionally throughout the organization and with external customers.
- Must be able to collaborate cross functionally with internal and external customers.
- Consistent ability to work in an office environment and regularly report to work at Corporate Headquarters or designated Showroom.
- Able to embrace change, manage responsibilities and create efficiencies.
- Continuous mindset of "customer centricity" to drive business results and engagement with the brand.
- Must be capable of using and operating all equipment as required, including but not limited to: iPad, laptop, etc. Able to move objects (including medium to large furniture items up to 25 pounds) from a lower to a higher position or horizontally from position-to-position or be able to assemble furniture while working on the selling floor or in our warehouse.
- Able to travel as required by the manager to out of town meetings and conferences using various forms of transportation.